The structure, composition and functions of our bodies are based on the legal form of Claraspital as a incorporate company.
The long-established culture of consensus among the executive managers has proven its worth and will remain a prominent feature of the hospital's management in the future. Each area of the hospital is represented in the executive management, enabling it to play an active role and participate in the decision-making process.
The Director, Rebekka Hatzung, bears overall responsibility for the running of the hospital.
Board of Directors
from left to right:
- Dr. Leonz Meyer
- Dominik C. Walter
- Dr. Beat Oberlin, Vizepräsident
- Dr. Balz Stückelberger
- Sr. Matthia Honold, Kloster Ingenbohl
- Nevenka Letina
- Raymond R. Cron, Verwaltungsratspräsident
- Tom Ryhiner
- Sr. Tobia Rüttimann, Provinzoberin, Kloster Ingenbohl
- Peter Eichenberger
- Daniel Egloff
- Raymond R. Cron
- Dr. Hans-Rudolf Widmer
Since its foundation in 1928, the Claraspital has been owned by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Cross in Ingenbohl.
Until the 1960s most of the nursing care at Claraspital was provided by nuns. Since then the proportion of nursing staff from outside the order has increased continuously.
Today very few Sisters play an active part in work at the hospital, although there are still several representatives of the convent on the Board of Directors.